Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Mall

I've had this coupon for The Limited for about a month (usable from April 5th to 25th).  During that period I always found an excuse to not go to the mall.  I kept thinking about how I have to go to work and then I told myself I should wait until my next paycheck.  Sure, I could have gone on Thursday or Friday when I was off work, but I didn't want to go by myself.  I feel that going to the mall by myself would just make me sad, angry, and cranky.  I'd have to park, walk in, look at stuff I won't buy, think of something witty about what I was looking at, forget what it was by the time I see someone I know so I could tell them, they won't think it's funny because they weren't there, try stuff on, get annoyed because what I really like doesn't fit, but what I can moderately tolerate does, settle for something I don't really like, pay, get back to the car, drive back home, park, walk up the hill, walk up the stairs, unlock the door, close the door, lock the door again, put down the bag, sit on the couch.  As you can see that's way too exhausting.

Yesterday I told Henry that I was going to finally go today, dammit!  I know that places tend to have weird hours on Sunday so I looked up the mall hours.  Noon to 6 p.m. on Sunday?!  Fuck you mall!  It's like they knew I'd have to work from 12:45 to 5:15 without enough time to get to work or make it to the mall before closing.  I imagine the building itself is laughing at me.

I realized while writing this post that I could just order stuff online.  But how will I know if it fits?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment